As a program of a non-profit organization, we rely on our volunteers. Every family attending The Czech School of Seattle is asked to volunteer at least 3 (three) hours per academic quarter.
Volunteering options include, but are not limited to:
- Active participation as an elected member of Leadership Team (see school org chart)
- Active participation in any of the official school volunteer positions (see school org chart)
- Assist teachers and students during classes (must complete WA State criminal background check)
- Assist with classroom material preparation
- Assist with school-sponsored events (such as Mikulášská party, Easter party, etc.)
- Assist with preparing publications (such as the newsletter, flyers, posters, social media etc.)
- Assist with fundraising
- Assist with procuring local grants
- Assist with library
- Courier services (bringing materials ordered from the Czech Republic)
For families that may not be able to volunteer, there is an option to contribute an additional $60.00 per quarter to be paid together with class registration or with check or cash on the first day or last day of each quarter; or to contribute supplies from a school-approved wish list in value equal or higher to $60.00 per quarter.
You can select and sign up to volunteer on the first day of school. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.