Online registration for Fall 2017 is now open.
NOTE: Parents/guardians must also complete the online Annual Registration Form for each child enrolled in the Czech School of Seattle prior to the start of classes. If your child, or children, did not attend Czech School during the Fall or Winter Quarters, you must complete Annual Registration at this time.
If you have questions about the classes or structure of the Czech School of Seattle, please refer to the FAQs below.
- Q: Can I pay via cash or check instead of credit card?
- Yes. When registering select the option to "Pay by check."
- Q: Can I sign up for fewer than the full set of 10 classes?
- Unfortunately, no. All children must be registered for the full set of 10 classes. We have priced the classes such that missed classes shouldn't cause too much of a hardship.
- Q: Is there a discount if I register more than one child?
- Unfortunately, no. For this first year, we are not able to offer a discount for enrolled siblings.
- Q: What is your cancellation and refund policy?
- If you need to cancel your child's Czech School registration, refunds will be handled as follows:
- Cancellation before the first day of class:
-Full refund of tuition payment (minus any credit card fees, if applicable)
- Cancellation within the first two (2) weeks of class:
-Refund 75% of the tuition payment
- Cancellation after the second class:
- Q: What is elementary, intermediate and advanced Czech?
- Elementary: Understands very little to none, does not speak OR understands some, does not speak
Intermediate: Understands everything age appropriate, does not speak
Advanced: Speaks fluently and understands everything age appropriate
- Q: What if I'm not sure what class to choose?
- Select the class that seems best, and contact the Director of Education to discuss placement. Adjustments can be made as necessary.
- Q: Can I come and observe a class before I sign up?
- Class auditions are held on the last two sessions in each quarter. For the 2016/17 school year, audit dates fall on December 9 and 16, March 3 and 10. Parents/guardians must email the school at firstname.lastname@example.org so teachers can be ready for additional students.
- Q: How strict is the school about the class minimum age limit?
- The age limits are carefully selected to reflect both the student peer group and the abilities required for successful participation in the class. We will gladly discuss your child's individual circumstance. Please contact us via email@example.com.
- Q: What if my child doesn't fit the age and language proficiency defined in the class?
- The school always tries to accommodate all students. Please sign your child up where you feel her or his personality fits best and contact the school at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss placement. We will work with you to find the best fit for your child.
- Q: Can my two-year old be considered for the pre-school class?
- We may open the pre-school class to children aged 2 years old, based on individual evaluation. Exceptions will be granted based on space availability, child readiness, sibling registration, and parent/guardian volunteer participation. Please inquire at email@example.com.
- Q: Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- We will be glad to answer your questions via firstname.lastname@example.org.